Monday, March 12, 2012

"Kelly O'Mouse"




I promised you a new 11" mouse and here she is:



Kelly O'Mouse


For so many years people have told me that I should make "bigger mice".  Originally my mice were made for the Christmas tree...that is why they are the size they are... I mean who wants a huge ornament?   There are, however, many things I cannot do on such a teenie tiny mouse and so I have given in and started designing larger mice.  Kelly is just the fourth of a series.  She is named after my husband's sister's daughter Kelly O'Donnell Hartzog. Now I ask you how much more Irish could Kelly be with a name like Kelly O'Donnell?

I tried to combine three other elements that I love in this piece: hearts, quilting and cross stitch. I pieced together three different "Irish" fabrics to make the heart and then cross stitched on the "Erin Go Bragh".
Fun..fun..and more fun.

I hope you like the finished product.

No comments:

Post a Comment